The Blewbury Players is an amateur dramatics society based in the south Oxfordshire village of Blewbury. Established in 1976, we are best known for our flagship summer play -five performances, over four days, in the idyllic setting of the Garden Theatre, Orchard Dene, Blewbury.
We run a series of events throughout the year aimed at both providing entertainment for the community, and encouraging people to get involved in the performing arts;
- The Summer Play, performed at Orchard Dene
- Revue Shows, usually performed in the Village Hall
- Friends Events, radio plays performed for supporters of the Players
- Fork Handles, informal ‘have a go’ events, hosted at the Melland Room, Blewbury
- Community Operas & guest productions
The events we put on depend on the continued support of our audiences, and the
cast and crew who commit their time to support the productions.
We are always delighted to welcome new people into our group and get involved so please get in touch, follow us, or sign up for our newsletter to find out more.