The Blewbury Players is an amateur dramatic organisation. The organisation has been established for almost 40 years and produces an annual Open Air summer production. These productions sometimes involve children (under the age of 18). The Players occasionally hold events at other times of the year, for example, commissioned operas in the Parish Church. These also involve children. We do not have any employees as such, however each year we normally hire a professional director. The organisation has charitable status.
- We believe we have a responsibility to protect all those who take part in our activities and that the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults is paramount.
- We believe children have a right to feel safe and happy when taking part in our activities and that their parents and carers have a right to believe that our organisation is a safe organisation for them to be involved with.
- We believe children should be listened to and heard, valued and treated as individuals, respected for their uniqueness and identity, encouraged and praised and involved in decisions, as appropriate, and that all suspicions and allegations of abuse should be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately.
- We believe that everyone involved in our activities should be clear on how to respond appropriately.
We demonstrate this by:
- Ensuring all activities involving children are supervised
- Encouraging parents/carers to become involved in activities, for example as helpers.
- Having a named person for dealing with concerns – currently Sheila Loy (01235 850537)
- Communicating our written behaviour code and written procedures for expressing concerns and worries to all participants
- Having rigorous checks for recruitment of directors
- Encouraging and establishing a protective culture.
Revised August 2014